Did you already know that the Internet took only 4 years to attain 50 million customers? It took 38 years for radio, at the same time as TV made it in 13 years. Here are a few interesting information and statistics about the World Wide Web:
1. Worldwide Web turned into developed in the Objective-C programming language.
2. The “www” part of a web site is optionally available and isn’t always required through any web coverage or standard.
3. Twenty in line with the cent of the world’s population, 1.17 to at least one.33 billion human beings now use the Internet. North America (seventy-two%) has the highest penetration, Africa (5%) the bottom.
4. The term Internet and World Wide Web are often used in every-day speech without a good deal of distinction. However, the Internet and the World Wide Web are not the same. The Internet is a global information communications device. It is a hardware and software infrastructure that offers connectivity among computers. In contrast, the Web is one of the offerings communicated thru the Internet. It is a set of interconnected documents and different resources, linked via hyperlinks and URLs.
6. Researchers do not forget that the primary search engine became Archie, created in 1990 using Alan Emtage, a pupil at McGill University in Montreal, Canada.
7. It was once considered a letter inside the English language. The Chinese call it a little mouse, Danes, and Swedes name it ‘elephant’s trunk,’ Germans a spider monkey, and Italians a snail. Israelis pronounce it ‘strudels,’ and the Czechs say ‘rollmops… What is it? The @ signal.
Related Articles :
- Where Internet Jurisdiction Can Get Your Business Sued!
- Internet Marketing Business 6-Step Guide To Success
- Internet Safety Guide For Parents
- And the Reason You Don’t Have a Website?
- Rescue Your Website From the Internet “Black Hole”
8. Did you know that the original URL of Yahoo! Changed into akebono.Stanford.Edu
9. Google was given its call from the mathematical determine googol, which denotes the quantity ‘one observed via one hundred zeros.’
10. Yahoo! Derived its call from Yahoo, coined by using Jonathan Swift in Gulliver’s Travels. A Yahoo is someone who is repulsive in look and movement and is barely human!
11. The high purpose the Google domestic page is so naked is that the founders didn’t recognize the HTML and desired a brief interface. In fact, the publish button was a later addition, and to start with, hitting the RETURN key turned into the only way to burst Google into life.
12. The phrase ‘e-mail’ has been banned by the French Ministry of the way of life. They must apply the word ‘Courriel’ alternatively, which is the French equal of the Internet. This move became the difficulty of ridicule from the cyber community in fashionable.
13. The first-ever ISP became CompuServe, which nonetheless exists beneath AOL, Timer Warner.
14. Did that symbolics.Com become the primary ever area name registered online?
15. According to a University of Minnesota document, researchers estimate the number of Internet visitors is developing at an annual rate of 50 to 60, consistent with the cent.
16. If you need to promote your e-book on amazon.Com, you can set the rate; however, then they’ll take 55 in line with cent reduce and go away you with the most effective forty-five consistent with cent.
17. Almost 1/2 of human beings on-line have a minimum of 3 email debts. Also, the average consumer has maintained the identical e-mail cope for 4 to six years.
18. Spam bills for over 60 consistent with cent of all e-mail, in keeping with Message Labs. Google says at least one 0.33 of all Gmail servers are filled with unsolicited mail.
19. Anthony Greco, aged 18, has become the primary individual arrested for the spam (unsolicited immediately messages) on February 21, 2005.
20. The first web site changed into constructed at CERN. CERN is the French acronym for European Council for Nuclear Research and is positioned in Geneva, Switzerland.
21. The World Wide Web is the maximum tremendous implementation of hypertext. However, it isn’t the simplest one. A laptop help document is certainly a hypertext document.
22. The concept of fashion sheets become already in location while the first browser was released.
23. The address of the arena’s first net server is information.Cern.Ch/ The URL of the first internet web page turned into nxoc01.Cern.Ch/hypertext/WWW/TheProject.Html. Although this page isn’t always hosted anymore at CERN, a later model of the page is posted w3.Org/History/199921103hypertext/hypertext/WWW/TheProject.Html.
24. The first browser that made the web to be had to PC and Mac customers become Mosaic. It turned into development through the National Center for Supercomputing (NCSA), led using Marc Andreessen in February 1993. Mosaic changed into one of the first graphical web browsers and led to an explosion in net use.
25. April 30, 1993, is a vital date for the Web due to the fact on that day, CERN introduced that anybody might also use WWW technology freely.
26. Microsoft released Internet Explorer in 1995. This event initiated the browser wars. By bundling Internet Explorer with the Windows operating machine, by using 2002, Internet Explorer has become the most dominant web browser with a marketplace share of over 95 in keeping with cent.
27. The development of requirements for the World Wide Web is controlled through the W3C or the World Wide Web consortium. The W3C was founded in October 1994 and headed through Tim Berners-Lee.
28. Only 4 in step with cent of Arab women use the Internet. Moroccan girls constitute almost a third of that figure.
29. YouTube’s bandwidth requirements to upload and view all the one’s movies fee as many as 1 million greenbacks a day and draw. The revenues generated through YouTube can’t pay for its upkeep.
30. According to AT&T vice president Jim Cicconi, eight hours of video is uploaded to YouTube every minute. This became in April 2008. On May 21, 2009, YouTube received 20 hours of video content material in keeping with minutes.
31. Around seventy-five in line with cent of the music that is to be had for download has by no means been bought, and it’s far costing money to be on the server.
32. Domain registration was loose until the National Science basis determined to alternate this on September 14th, 1995.
33. It is estimated that one of every eight married couples commenced with the aid of meeting online.
34. Iceland has the very best percentage of Internet users at 68 in keeping with cent. The United States stands at fifty-six%. 34% of all Malaysians use the Internet simultaneously as the simplest eight percent of Jordanians are connected, four% of Palestinians; zero.6% of Nigerians, and zero.1% of Tajikistan is.
35. Employees at Google are recommended to use 20 percent of their time operating on their very own tasks. Google News, Orkut are both examples of initiatives that grew from this running model.
36. The era at the back of the Internet commenced again in the 1960′s at MIT. The first message ever to be transmitted changed into LOG. Why? The consumer had tried to type LOGIN, but the network crashed after the extensive load of facts of the letter G. It turned into to be some time before Facebook could be advanced
37. According to a University of Minnesota report, researchers estimate the quantity of Internet visitors is growing at an annual rate of fifty to 60 percent.
38. Ever since the Internet’s birth, file-sharing has changed into a problem for the authorities that controlled it. In 1989, McGill University closed down their FTP indexing site after finding out that it was chargeable for 1/2 of the Internet traffic from America into Canada. Fortunately, several similar document indexing sites had already been made.
39. Google estimates that the Internet today carries about 5 million terabytes of records (1TB = 1,000GB) and claims it has best indexed a paltry 0.04% of all of it! You may want to shape the complete Internet on just 2 hundred million Blu-Ray disks.
40. Speaking of search – One-THIRD of all Internet searches are specifically for pornography. It is estimated that eighty% of all snapshots on the Internet are of bare women.
41. According to legend, Amazon has become the primary shopping site because inside the days before the massive Google search invention, Yahoo could list the sites of their listing alphabetically!
42. The first ever banner advert invaded the Internet in 1994, and it changed into just as terrible as today. The ad turned into part of AT&Ts “you’ll” marketing campaign and was positioned on the HotWired homepage.
43. Of the 247 BILLION email messages sent each day, eighty-one% are natural unsolicited mail.
44. 35.6% of net users are in Asia. With a common of 389 million internet surfers every month, Asia is the largest net crowd amongst different international regions. In Asia, 10 out of one hundred surf the Internet.
45. Only sixteen.6% of the global population surf the internet. Several Internet surfers in Asia (389,392,28 mile) are 11 instances the population of Australia (34,468,443 mils). 19% of net users are from United States (210,080,067 mils). Around 18 nations nevertheless do not have an Internet connection. North Korea’s net penetration records aren’t publicized.
46. The first Internet computer virus was created through Robert T.Morris, Jr, and attacked greater than 6000 Internet hosts.
47. According to The Economist magazine, the first virtual electronic financial institution on the Internet, known as First Virtual Holdings, was opened through Lee Stein in 1994.
48. The ‘Dilbert Zone’ Web site became the primary syndicated comic strip site to be had on the Internet.
49. Did you realize that domain names could be offered at high fees? The maximum luxurious area to date, ‘sex.Com,’ became purchased using Escom LLC at $14 million in January 2006. Another changed into ‘business.Com,’ which was offered to companies for $7—five million in 1999.
50. The Internet is the 0.33-maximum used advertising medium inside the globe, carefully catching up with conventional nearby newspapers and Yellow Pages.